As parents, you surely want your child’s early developmental years to be special as this will play an important part in their future success. And one of their most memorable times is starting preschool. But for some, the first time isn’t really easy.
As a preschool in New York, we have had experiences of crying children during their first day away from their parents. And it is indeed a struggle for everyone. So, avoid tantrums and tears by following these strategies:
- Make them practice in the morning for at least a week before to help them get the feel of what’s to come.
- Visit their school sometime before classes start so they can meet their teachers and have a look at their classroom.
- Bring them with you on a shopping trip for their school supplies and let them choose what designs they like to get them excited.
- Talk to them about what they are nervous about or excited about school. Know how they feel about meeting new friends and trying out new activities.
- Read them some books about the first day of school so they can relate to a character. This can give them the confidence they need.
Are you looking for a reputable daycare in West Harlem, New York? Then you are in the right place! Look no further than Petits Poussins Too.
We are a bilingual daycare that welcomes all children from different backgrounds who are willing to learn French and English at the same time. We aim to bring out their confidence, independence, and a life-long love for learning.